CHARNWOOD SURGERY COVID19 UPDATE
We would like to thank all our patients & staff for their help & consideration at this difficult time.
IT IS LIKELY THAT ADVICE WILL CONTINUE TO CHANGE OVER THE COMING DAYS SO PLEASE KEEP A REGULAR VIEW ON THE WEBSITE & WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO KEEP IT UP TO DATE
TO REDUCE THE SPREAD OF COVID19 & PROTECT OUR PATIENTS & STAFF, WE ARE TAKING THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
- WE ARE NOW OPERATING A LOCKED DOOR POLICY. UNLESS YOU HAVE AN APPOINTMENT THAT IS CLASSED AS ESSENTIAL OR YOU HAVE BEEN INVITED TO ATTEND BY A CLINICIAN WE WOULD ASK YOU NOT TO ATTEND. PLEASE CONTACT US BY TELEPHONE 0116 237 5089
- IF YOU HAVE BEEN ASKED TO ATTEND PLEASE USE THE DOORBELL OR KNOCK ON THE DOOR, WE WILL BE WITH YOU AS SOON AS WE CAN
- FOR ALL ROUTINE MATTERS, PLEASE CONTINUE TO CONTACT THE PRACTICE AS USUAL. WE WILL BE AVAILABLE DURING OUR NORMAL OPERATING HOURS
- WE WILL INITIALLY TRIAGE YOUR PROBLEM VIA A TELEPHONE CALL & MAY ARRANGE A VIDEO CONSULTATION
SICK NOTES/SELF-ISOLATION NOTES:
- IF YOU REQUIRE A SELF-ISOLATION NOTE, PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING LINK:
- SICK-NOTES FOR OTHER CONDITIONS WILL BE ISSUED IN THE USUAL WAY, A TRIAGE CALL MAY BE BOOKED IF REQUIRED. THESE CAN NOW BE POSTED OUT TO YOU
- PLEASE POST PRESCRIPTIONS REQUESTS & OTHER LETTERS & CORRESPONDANCE THROUGH THE DOOR
- WE ARE ACCEPTING REQUESTS OVER THE PHONE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE SHIELDING
- PLEASE CAN EVERYONE ELSE TRY AND POST REQUESTS TO ENSURE WE CAN HANDLE CALL VOLUME
- CONTRACEPTIVE/PILL CHECKS - PLEASE PROVIDE US WITH AN UP TO DATE WEIGHT & BLOOD PRESSURE (IF YOU HAVE MACHINE) OVER THE PHONE & WE WILL ISSUE YOUR REPEAT
Please note the pharmacies will now be allowed to change their working hours and may be shut for up to 2.5 hours during the day, this is to make sure they can keep up with demand and clean down their workspaces. Please support our local pharmacies and DO NOT stockpile or request more medication than you need. Please treat our pharmacy colleagues with respect.
CONDITION SPECIFIC GUIDANCE:
- WE ARE HAPPY TO ASSIST WHERE POSSIBLE
- PLEASE ALSO TRY & USE VALUABLE RESOURCES AVAILABLE ONLINE. WE WOULD RECOMMEND USING THE nhs website OR THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE FOR YOUR CONDITION:
We thank all of our patients for their support and cooperation at this time. We appreciate that lines have also been busier & would equally like to thank you for your patients
NHS STOP THE SPREAD!
Welcome to Charnwood Surgery
We are a small suburban surgery based in the village of Mountsorrel. With 2 GPs, 1 practice nurse, a healthcare assistant and an admin team. We work together as a healthcare team and are committed to ensuring that our patients receive a friendly, caring and accessible family health service
We have a diverse patient population each with different healthcare needs, and we aim to provide a service that works for each of you. The main focus of our healthcare team is ensuring the good health and wellbeing of our patients and wherever possible to provide the right individualised care and treatment to maintain a good quality of life.
To improve the health, well-being and lives of our patients by providing high quality care in a traditional family GP practice.
NEWS HEADLINES FROM CHARNWOOD SURGERY
Please see our 'Latest News' section for more information
***** Try the new NHS APP *****
If you're a patient at our practice you can now use the new NHS APP, a simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet.
You can use the NHS App to check your symptoms and get instant advice, book appointments, order repeat prescriptions, view your GP medical record and more.
If you already use Charnwood Surgery GP online service you can continue to use it. You can use the NHS App as well.
For more information go to www.nhs.uk/nhsapp
Use the NHS App to:
- check your symptoms
- find out what to do when you need help urgently
- book and manage appointments at your GP surgery
- order repeat prescriptions
- securely view your GP medical record
- register to be an organ donor
- choose how the NHS uses your data
***** CHANGES TO REPEAT PRESCRIPTION ORDERING *****
Ordering repeat prescriptions - West Leicestershire CCG
The way repeat prescriptions are ordered is changing From 30 June
2019. Please see our news section for more details. Leaflets will be available shortly from reception and your pharmacy.
***** TEST RESULTS *****
PLEASE ONLY RING IN FOR TEST RESULTS AFTER 11.00 A.M.
*****Extended Access appointments*****
We are increasing the number of appointments available for you to see a GP in the early mornings, evenings or at weekends across West Leicestershire. See
West Leicestershire CCG - latest news
Depending on your individual circumstances and symptoms, we may offer you an ‘extended access’ appointment. Please note however, that these appointments will not be in your usual GP practice and may not be with one of your usual GPs or nurses.
Depending on the reason for your appointment, and if you are in agreement, it may be suitable for you to see an Advanced Nurse Practitioner, instead of a GP.
The clinician you see will be able to access relevant sections of your medical notes and will communicate what has happened during your appointment back to your usual GP practice.
These appointments will be available at the following locations:
Loughborough Urgent Care Centre at Loughborough Community Hospital
Coalville Community Hospital
Hinckley and Bosworth Community Hospital
If you would like to know more please speak to a member of practice staff.
There is still an ongoing fault with our telephone lines and we are doing everything possible to get the fault corrected.
We wish to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause but ask that you please be patient for a short while further. In the meantime you could always use our online facilities to either book an appointment, request a repeat prescription or view your summary record. If you have not already requested your login details and wish to use our online services then please contact reception for more information or find further information on our website (right hand side).
***** Minor Injuries Service *****
We provide a minor injury service here at the surgery for injuries that are not life threatening, for example abrasions, bruises, sprains or minor trauma to hands, limbs or feet. Please see our 'latest news' section of right hand side for more information.
(Site updated 01/04/2020)